Design Awards Q&A
Q) When do you start accepting entries for the 2017 Shop! Design Awards?
A) We will begin accepting entries in September 2016. The early deadline is Dec. 15, 2016 and the final deadline is Jan. 15, 2017.
Q) Who can enter a project into the competition?
A) Anyone involved in the project can enter it including, but not limited to; designers, architects, retailer, fixture manufacturers, visual merchandiser, lighting or flooring suppliers, etc.
*Note: If multiple companies enter the same project, the first company to submit it gets to enter it, all other entrants will be notified and given a full refund.
Q) Can a company or project that’s outside of North America enter the comptition?
A) Yes, this is an international retail design competition.
Q) What if I’m unsure which category my project should be entered in?
A) Chose the category you think is correct, if it’s incorrect or we think it will score better in another category, we’ll move it for you.
Q) Can I win more than one award?
A) Yes, and you can increase your chances of winning an award by entering into one or all additional element categories (store fixture, visual presentation, flooring, in-store communication, lighting, and wall treatment)
Q) Can I submit a video?
A) Yes, one 45-second video (.mov or .mp4 format) can be substituted in place of one image.
Q) Is there something I can do to help my entry score better?
- A) Yes, here are a few tips:
- a) Very Important! Use a professional photographer. Images must be at least 300 dpi, 8 inches wide in JPG or JPEG file format.
- b) Send enough visuals to tell your project’s story.
- c) Be concise and provide specifics in your project description. Use bullet points to identify important points at a glance, judges have little time to read long descriptions.
- d) If the project is a remodel, send before and after images.