- Select a category
- Store of the Year
- Store Fixture of the Year
- Visual Presentation of the Year
- Restaurant/Fast Food
- Restaurant/Casual Dining
- Restaurant/Fine Dining
- Convenience Store
- Supermarket/Grocery Store
- Specialty Food Retailer
- Service Retailer
- Pop-Up Store
- Hardline Shop in a Store
- Softline Shop in a Store
- Department Store
- Discount/Mass Merchant
- Hardline Specialty Store Up to 3,000 Sq. Ft.
- Hardline Specialty Store 3,001-25,000 Sq. Ft.
- Softline Specialty Store Up to 3,000 Sq. Ft.
- Softline Specialty Store 3,001-25,000 Sq. Ft.
- Specialty Store Over 25,000 Sq. Ft.
- Sustainability Awards
- Store Fixture Awards
- Visual Presentation Awards
- Special Awards
2010 Design Award Winners
Store Fixture of the Year
Fixture of the Year
Mark’s: Walk-in Freezer Lab Outerwear/Workwear Department, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Mark’s Edmonton Outlet store’s Walk-in Freezer Lab has converted a $35,000 walk-in freezer into a “weather lab,” encouraging consumers to test out the retailer’s sub-zero outerwear. Dropping to temperatures of minus 40 degrees Celsius and simulating wind chill with fans, the fixture provides a truly unique store experience and deservedly takes home the Fixture of the Year award. Inside the fixture, a bar with a handle allows customers to grip and test the efficacy of gloves, while a metal pan encourages testing of boots on an icy surface. In addition to the freezer, the outlet store has a ramp with various flooring surfaces, including concrete and shingles, to test out shoes and boots. A unique acrylic apparatus demonstrates how waterproof denim works, giving customers the opportunity to literally test drive products before purchase.
- Design Ruscio Studio, Montreal, PQ. Canada
- Fixtures Quebec Refrigeration, Saint-Laurent, PQ. Canada
- Materials 3Form, Dollard-des-Ormeaux, PQ. Canada
- Photography iHart Photos, Calgary, AB. Canada
- Retailer Mark's Work Wearhouse Ltd., Calgary, AB. Canada
- Visual Elements Eventscape Inc., Toronto, ON. Canada