- Select a category
- Store of the Year
- Fixture of the Year
- Grocery Store
- Food Retailer
- Service Retailer
- Pop-Up Store
- Hardline Shop in a Store
- Softline Shop in a Store
- Department Store
- Hardline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
- Hardline Specialty Store 3,001-25,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store 3,001-25,000 sf
- Specialty Store Over 25,000 sf
- Store Fixture Awards
- Visual Presentation
- Special Installation
- Green Awareness
2008 Design Award Winners
Softline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
A pristine white interior creates a dramatic and sculptural aesthetic for the shoe retailer.. Floor and seating areas are rendered in a modern purple, and the organic custom seating area with Lucite tables seems to unexpectedly grow in the center of the space looking like a curated piece of art and adding a sense of animation in the intimate 1,075-sq.-ft. space. Backlit products stand out in stark contrast to bare geometric-shaped walls and vaulted ceilings of white.
- Design Burdifilek, Toronto, ON. Canada
- Fixtures Creative Custom Furnishings, Toronto, ON. Canada
- Fixtures LUXE Corp., Boucherville, PQ. Canada
- Fixtures Unique Store Fixtures Ltd., Concord, ON. Canada
- General Contracting Structure Corp., Toronto, ON. Canada
- Photography A-Frame Inc., Toronto, ON. Canada
- Retailer Capezio, Toronto, ON. Canada
Maska Place Ste. Foy, Sainte-Foy, PQ, Canada
At 2,000 sq. ft., this women’s clothier features materials in all white with fuchsia niches to break up merchandise walls. A suspended graphic along the entire rear wall sends an unmistakable message of feminine and fashion. Cash desks and table units of bleached and brushed French veneer laminate, crystal chandeliers spotlighting center fixtures, and illuminating smoke acrylic profiles and half-moon lamps provide an elegant, yet youthful theme. Ê
Under Armour Baltimore
Conveying the excitement and emotion of sports, an entrance tunnel display fixture mimics walking into a stadium with the sounds of whistles, coaches’ voices, cleats, cheers, and crowd roars to bring out the inner athlete in every shopper. High-quality images and logos accompany a full-motion video on a 12’-ft. projection screen with a custom metal frame aligning with in-store fixtures, and speakers suspended with industrial rigging, blending high-tech with an urban, warehouse feel.
- Architecture FRCH Design Worldwide, Cincinnati, OH.
- Fixtures Vulkane, Cincinnati, OH.
- General Contracting MacKenzie Keck Construction, Hackettstown, NJ.
- Lighting Designer Lighting Management Inc., Harriman, NY.
- Retailer Under Armour, Baltimore, MD.
- Visual Elements Concrete Design Studio, Dover, NJ.
- Visual Elements Dillon Works! Inc., Mukilteo, WA.