- Select a category
- Store of the Year
- Fixture of the Year
- Department Store
- Shop in a Store
- Hardline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
- Hardline Specialty Store 3,000-10,000 sf
- Hardline Specialty Store 10,000-25,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store 3,000-10,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store 10,000-25,000 sf
- Specialty Store over 25,000 sf
- Outlet Store
- Service Retailer
- Food Retailer
- In-Store E-Tailing/Interactive Sites
- Store Fixture Awards
2002 Design Award Winners
Shop in a Store
The Bay : Cosmetics & Fragrance Dept. Yorkdale Mall, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The abstract design of HBC’s Cosmetics & Fragrance Department uses stone, water and glass to reflect the rugged nature of the Canadian landscape and cultural sophistication. The landmark elements of the department are the unique “flowers” at the front, which embellish the existing ceiling in the piazza and soften the entire space, providing a conterpoint to the otherwise cubist facade. In addition, the flowers act as giant light diffusers. Two waterfalls and edge-lit slabs of granite complete the effect.
Best Buy: C5 Wireless Area Various Locations
In the C5 Wireless department, custom fixtures create a high-tech look which supports the Best Buy brand and divides the space from the rest of the store. The higher outside “crust” helps corral the customer, exposing them to the entire product assortment. The C5 design demands attention from the store’s entrance, and its layout puts the sales associate and customer on the same side of the product, where the customer can easily sample the merchandise.
- Design Best Buy Co., Eden Prairie, MN.
- Fixture Manufacturer Interlock Structures International Inc., Minneapolis, MN.
- Fixture Manufacturer L.A. Darling Co., Paragould, AR.
- Fixture Manufacturer Phoenix Fixtures Inc., Hudson, WI.
- Fixture Manufacturer Retailer Services Corp., Anoka, MN.
- Fixture Manufacturer Thorco Industries Inc., Lamar, MO.
- Fixture Manufacturer Transcontinental Printing, Winnipeg, MB.
- Retailer Best Buy Co., Eden Prairie, MN.
Marshall Field’s: Bridal Salon State Street, Chicago, IL
This remodel on State Street positions Marshall Field’s as the headquarters for bridal apparel and exclusive trunk shows. It provides an elegant yet efficient environment that accommodates larger parties and makes the department’s all-inclusive bridal services accessible in one central location. The salon features an open rotunda with a vast assortment of gowns forming the perimeter, ten fitting rooms, and designs by the most prestigious designers.
- Design Houston Wein Associates, Chicago, IL.
- Design The Dept. Store Div. of Target Corp./Marshall FieldÕs , Minneapolis, MN.
- Fixture Manufacturer Bishop Fixture & Millwork Inc., Balsam Lake, WI.
- General Contractor Pepper Construction, Chicago, IL.
- Retailer Marshall FieldÕs, Minneapolis, .
Palacio de Hierro-Litio Santa Fe, Mexico
With Litio, a previously low traffic, conservative department has gotten a major fashion make-over, reinventing itself into a high-energy audiovisual fashion experience attracting droves of young shoppers. Colorful stages, video towers and super-graphic billboards create ever-changing venues. Concrete, metal and glass bridges, stairs and lofts link the fun venues together, creating streets, plazas and balconies for the shops. Lifestyle Zones, Make-up Bars, and Net Cafes present the latest design trends from kids around the world.
- Design Pavlik Design Team, Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- Fixture Manufacturer El Palacio de Hierro, Mexico City, . Mexico
- Retailer El Palacio de Hierro, Mexico City, .