- Select a category
- Store of the Year
- Fixture of the Year
- Department Store
- Shop in a Store
- Hardline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
- Hardline Specialty Store 3,000-10,000 sf
- Hardline Specialty Store 10,000-25,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store 3,000-10,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store 10,000-25,000 sf
- Specialty Store over 25,000 sf
- Outlet Store
- Service Retailer
- Food Retailer
- In-Store E-Tailing/Interactive Sites
- Store Fixture Awards
2002 Design Award Winners
E*Trade Financial New York, NY
Over one hundred 50” x 42” flat screen monitors encircle the goliath spiral staircase that greets customers of E*TRADE Financial’s 30,000 sf store. Stations positioned around the staircase allow customers online access at specially-designed “cobra” pods or in one-on-one consultation rooms. The environment is very high-tech, high-touch and features four well-defined floors offering financial services available for every type of investor.
- Design Retail Planning Associates, Columbus, OH.
- Fixture Manufacturer Bam Bam Designs, Pasadena, CA.
- Fixture Manufacturer Matrix Fixtures Inc., Hastings on Hudson, NY.
- Fixture Manufacturer Rimex Metals (USA) Inc., Edison, NJ.
embarq Markville Shopping Centre, Markham, ON, Canada
Embarq is a totally unique customer relationship program designed to increase shopper satisfaction. For a modest annual fee, members can enjoy its services and a reprieve from the frenetic shopping environment. The Adult Lounge conveys a relaxed, spa-like approach utilizing soothing colors found in nature, natural maple flooring and broadloom. The Embarq Kids area evokes an exciting adventure by utilizing open spaces and bright, stimulating, primary colors.
- Design Fiorino Design Inc., Toronto, ON. Canada
- Fixture Manufacturer Atelier RCM Inc., St. Isidore Beauce Nord, PQ. Canada
- Retailer Cadillac Fairview Corp., Toronto, ON. Canada
ING Direct 49th Street, New York, NY
To enhance its online visibility with a “brick and mortar” presence, ING Direct employed its bright orange corporate palette in large, graphic patterns. The design was conceived as a “Kit of parts” comprised of a cube, ribbon, and node. The “parts” highlight required elements such as serving counters, internet and phone kiosks, graphic messaging walls, and merchandise displays. To support ING Direct’s simple, demystified approach to banking, the product offerings were whittled to less than five and their print literature was written in plain language with a dose of humor and wit
- Design Gensler, New York, NY.
- Fixture Manufacturer Bedlam Brass, Garfield, NJ.
- Fixture Manufacturer NJS Inc., Union, NJ.
- Retailer ING Direct, Wilmington , DE.