- Select a category
- Restaurant/Casual Dining
- Restaurant/Fast Food
- Restaurant/Fine Dining
- Specialty Food Retailer
- Service Retailer
- Pop-up Store
- Hardline Shop Within a Store
- Department Store
- Hardline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store Under 3,000 sf
- Hardline Specialty Store 3,001-7,500 sf
- Hardline Specialty Store 7,501 - 25,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store 3,001 to 7,500 sf
- Softline Specialty Store 7,501 - 25,000 sf
- Specialty Store over 25,000 sf
- Store of the Year
- Individual Element
2012 Design Award Winners
Timberland EarthKeepers Flat Iron District, New York City, and Union Square, San Francisco
This mobile pop-up branding environment was intended to increase awareness of the company‘s new line of footwear made with recycled and organic materials. The construction uses and showcases the same materials in the construction of the space that are used in the manufacturing of the shoes, communicating that sustainability can be fashionable without being gritty. The space features PET bottles, organic cotton, green rubber, steel, and reclaimed wood, in refined, artistic environment. Merchandise is displayed simply, easily accessible for customers to handle and experience. One of the biggest challenges was protecting the space from the weather. The structure was built in sections of steel mesh that sandwiched the PET bottles, which provided the texture and substance of the walls. A floating floor accommodate for changing venues. Minimal acrylic was used to help weatherproof the space.
- Design/Turnkey Supplier Atmosphere Studios, Salt Lake City, UT.
- Retailer/Design Timberland, Stratham, NH.
ING Express The Netherlands
Designed to spark intrigue and create a lasting impression, ING Express is an easy-transport kiosk that travels to locations frequented by the company‘s target audience. The box-shaped structure opens from both sides to reveal a sleekly designed bar and meeting space where customers can enjoy a coffee from a top-of-the-line espressomachine and open an account. The metal and wood-effect boxed structure is emblazoned with ING‘s lion graphic and bright orange corporate color for a lasting impression. The modular kiosk is flexible and easy to use. Two sides unfold to reveal the fully modular office and coffee bar, which rotates and features stackable bar stools, foldup desk and chairs, and a retractable computer display.
- Design Storeage, Amsterdam, . The Netherlands
- General Contracting Gielissen, Eindhoven, . The Netherlands
- Retailer ING, Amsterdam, . The Netherlands