- Select a category
- Restaurant/Casual Dining
- Restaurant/Fast Food
- Restaurant/Fine Dining
- Specialty Food Retailer
- Service Retailer
- Pop-up Store
- Hardline Shop Within a Store
- Department Store
- Hardline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store Under 3,000 sf
- Hardline Specialty Store 3,001-7,500 sf
- Hardline Specialty Store 7,501 - 25,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store 3,001 to 7,500 sf
- Softline Specialty Store 7,501 - 25,000 sf
- Specialty Store over 25,000 sf
- Store of the Year
- Individual Element
2012 Design Award Winners
Hardline Specialty Store 7,501 - 25,000 sf
Intersport Bründl Ischgl, Austria
Even before entering the winter sports store, consumers cannot help but notice the natural stone façade paired with a modern, snow-white façade. The two back-to-back cubes are accentuated by large, black-framed windows of various sizes. Inside the space, a snowmaker on the ground floor ensures a feeling of winter. In the children‘s area, a cinema is enclosed by the graphic image of a snowy landscape where forest animals play hide-and-seek. Animals also appear in the lounge on the upper floor in the form of plaster figures, suspended from the large mirror ceiling that spans the area. A ski simulator on the ground floor allows customers to try out products and get their pictures taken mdash; a computer inserts an alpine background for the photo. Tree trunks and pine trees in the partially snow-covered shop windows complete a “Winter in the Forest” look.
Fixtures Living South Coast Collection, Costa Mesa, Calif.
The high-end appliance and fixtures showroom features a residential quality. Three “experience labs” and 30 vignettes designed by local studios showcase products in home settings, including a bathroom with a private spa/shower, a kitchen with an ultra-modern demonstration component, and a patio in the outdoor section. In labs, customers can insert appliances they would like to see to envision products at home. Landmark-style glass-and-wood pylons serve as wayfinding signage in each major area, as well as providing vignette maps. Large fiberglass pendants with custom pendants of spoons and forks highlight the café. Oversized dome pendants create drama in the kitchen and bath suites, bent plywood pendants are found on the patio for a sense of outdoors, and recessed lighting creates a quiet effect in the Sanctuary cove.
- Architect Fitch, Scottsdale, AZ.
- Artwork EcoFirst Art, Santa Barbara, CA.
- Artwork Rumora Studios, Baltimore, OH.
- Audiovisual Mastercraft, San Diego, CA.
- Consulting (Kitchen Design) W. West Equipment, Denver, CO.
- Consulting (Sustainability) Via Design, Ltd., Cincinnati, OH.
- Design Fitch, Columbus, OH.
- Engineering Caruso Turley Scott Inc., Tempe, AZ.
- Engineering Hirsch Engineering, Inc., Garden Grove, CA.
- Exterior Signage/In-Store Signage Fusion Sign and Design, Riverside, CA.
- Flooring UniversalFlooring, Huntington Beach, CA.
- Furniture/Upholstery Custom by Kreiss, San Diego, CA.
- Furniture/Upholstery Modular Systems Network, Inc., El Cajon, CA.
- General Contracting Burke Construction Group, Inc, Las Vegas, NV.
- Kitchen Cabinets La Cornue, Brisbane, CA.
- Kitchen Cabinets Purcell Murray, Brisbane, CA.
- Lighting 3Form, Seattle, WA.
- Lighting Wiedenbach-Brown Co., Inc., Yorba Linda, CA.
- Lighting Design Lighting Design Alliance, Long Beach, CA.
- Millwork Victory Woodwork, Las Vegas, NV.
- Mirror/Glass Rancho Viejo Glass, Lake Forest, CA.
- Paint/Coating/Wall Treatment Sanders & Wohrman Corporation, Orange, CA.
- Stone/Tile Tuo Sogno, La Jolla, CA.
- Wall Treatment Tournesol Siteworks, Hayward, CA.
- Window Treatment Blind Designs, Spring Valley, CA.