- Select a category
- Store of the Year
- Store Fixture of the Year
- Visual Presentation of the Year
- Restaurant/Fast Food
- Restaurant/Casual Dining
- Restaurant/Fine Dining
- Convenience Store
- Supermarket/Grocery Store
- Specialty Food Retailer
- Service Retailer
- Pop-Up Store
- Hardline Shop in a Store
- Softline Shop in a Store
- Department Store
- Discount/Mass Merchant
- Hardline Specialty Store Up to 3,000 Sq. Ft.
- Hardline Specialty Store 3,001-25,000 Sq. Ft.
- Softline Specialty Store Up to 3,000 Sq. Ft.
- Softline Specialty Store 3,001-25,000 Sq. Ft.
- Specialty Store Over 25,000 Sq. Ft.
- Sustainability Awards
- Store Fixture Awards
- Visual Presentation Awards
- Special Awards
2010 Design Award Winners
Hardline Specialty Store 3,001-25,000 Sq. Ft.
Tiffany & Co. The Crystals, Las Vegas City Center, Las Vegas
Within the diamond-shaped facade, the intent was to create an iconic celebration of Tiffany & Co., while continuing the theme with crystalline and reflective finishes. The striking Grand Stair, clad in white quartz with a brushed stainless steel stringer and railing and curved glass baluster, features a lighting detail that ties the staircase design to the multi-layered ceiling. Freestanding column vitrines incorporate bronze decorative glass, with the tallest standing at nearly 12 feet. The ceiling swoops up to 85 feet, meeting at a point on the facade, which leans over the walkway below. Its “peeling” layers are a different plane with light emitting from the separation between each plane. Both the ceiling and staircase are visible from the street through a glass facade. The intermediate landing also features a “Wedding Proposal Bench” built into it, attached to the facade and providing a dramatic view of the ceiling and Las Vegas Boulevard.
- Architecture Ted Moudis Associates, New York, NY.
- Ceiling Elements Radius Track, Minneapolis, MN.
- Fixtures High Country Millwork, Longmont, CO.
- General Contracting Shawmut Design & Construction, New York, NY.
- Lighting Design Cooley Monato Studio, New York, NY.
- Retailer/Design Tiffany & Co., New York, NY.
- Stairs Louis Hoffmann, Menomonee Falls, WI.
Pushing the boundaries of traditional beauty retailing, designers embraced forms and gentle curves to create a continuous sense of discovery that unfolds as the consumer walks through the white space. Translucent elements in tinted purple and blush pair with sculpted white-on-white fixtures combined with matte and glossy finishes to create a gallery-like setting. Kinetic backlit, curved, translucent acrylic panels add movement, with flexible fixture elements to accommodate changing merchandising needs and new vendors. Floor and wall fixtures were designed to be self-serve, and ambient and direct lighting washes over the space to provide consumers with perfect color rendition when sampling products.
- Design Burdifilek, Toronto, ON. Canada
- Fixtures Unique Store Fixtures Ltd., Concord, ON. Canada
- Flooring Arban Stoneworks Ltd., Ottawa, ON. Canada
- Lighting Forge Media + Design, Toronto, ON. Canada
- Lighting Design Lightbrigade Architectural Lighting Design, Toronto, ON. Canada
- Photography A-Frame Inc., Toronto, ON. Canada
- Retailer/Visual Elements Murale, ShopperÕs Drug Mart, Toronto, ON. Canada