- Select a category
- Store of the Year
- Fixture of the Year
- Food Retailer
- Service Retailer
- Shop in a Store
- Department Store
- Hardline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
- Hardline Specialty Store 3,001-10,000 sf
- Hardline Specialty Store 10,001-25,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store 10,001-25,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store 3,001-10,000 sf
- Specialty Store over 25,000 sf
- In-Store E-Tailing/Interactive Sites
- Store Fixture Awards
- Entertainment Facility
2003 Design Award Winners
Hardline Specialty Store 3,001-10,000 sf
LensCrafters Lafayette, Ind.
A wait in this doctor's office provides the opportunity to shop and entertain yourself. The latest LensCrafters store concept brings together a social gathering place with brand merchandise. Customers move from the host, to the fashion consultant and optician, and on to social interaction in the waiting area. Here, play stations, image capture, and interactive monitors enhance the waiting experience and provide additional product information.
- Architect WD Partners, Columbus, OH.
- Design Chute Gerdeman Retail, Columbus, OH.
- Fixture Manufacturer Permasteelisa, Enfield, CT.
- Retailer/Design Luxottica Retail Group, Mason, OH.
Functional Furnishings Showroom Polaris Fashion Place, Columbus, OH
What makes this retail space unique is its architectural approach to creating spaces and fixtures for furniture and home accessories. Large-scale, unique architectural elements define spaces and engage customers. Architectural fixtures draw customers into the store and through its challenging L-shaped space. Despite a limited budget and time frame, the project's innovative use of materials and space rendered this showroom a special place.
- Design Jonathan Barnes Architecture & Design Ltd., Columbus, OH.
- Design Ibel Agency, Columbus, OH.
- Fixture Manufacturer Macwood Inc., Columbus, OH.
- Retailer Functional Furnishings, Colombus, OH.
Ross-Simons Streets at South Point, Durham, N.C.
This singular prototype derives its inspiration from mid-century modern design, celebrating Ross-Simons’ 50 years of company heritage. Lines and materials balance luxury and affordability. Round and square shapes and patterns populate the store. Light is used in unexpected places including the under-lit gray wood jewelry cases. Internally lit, oversized mahogany cubes with changeable color backgrounds provide distinctive ways to complement seasonal displays.
- Design JGA, Southfield, MI.
- Fixture Manufacturer NDI International Inc., Worcester, MA.
- Retailer Ross-Simons, Cranston, RI.
Sisley for Honda Thornhill, ON, Canada
This new prototype for Sisley for Honda brings a fresh, original approach to auto and accessory sales. The circular design was derived from the wheel (and rim) of a car, mimicking the Honda brand. The greatest challenge was in finding materials and substrates to support the theme in the fixtures throughout the store's sales area, cafe, service center, and dream shop. Interesting materials, including bumper product fit the bill
- Design Spinning Wheel Design, Richmond Hill, ON. Canada
- Fixture Manufacturer Provincial Store Fixtures Ltd., Mississauga, ON. Canada
- Retailer Sisley for Honda, Thornhill, ON. Canada