- Select a category
- Store of the Year
- Fixture of the Year
- Grocery Store
- Food Retailer
- Service Retailer
- Pop-Up Store
- Hardline Shop in a Store
- Softline Shop in a Store
- Department Store
- Hardline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
- Hardline Specialty Store 3,001-25,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store 3,001-25,000 sf
- Specialty Store Over 25,000 sf
- Store Fixture Awards
- Visual Presentation
- Special Installation
- Green Awareness
2008 Design Award Winners
Seibu Jakarta, Indonesia
Centered around an awe-inspiring, five-story, etched glass, chrome, and mirror atrium designed with cantilevered stages that showcase custom displays and visual merchandising, each of the store’s six levels are designed as distinct boutiques. Hand-cut marble patterns, textured woodwork, and use of local materials for patterned wall coverings made by local craftsmen allow for an unique realization of the design, while providing a colorful contrast to neighboring stark, structured aesthetics.Ê
- Architecture RTKL Associates, Baltimore, MD.
- Design Callison , Seattle, WA.
Robinsons The Gardens Mid Valley, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
For this luxe retailer, each section within the store is designed to exude a specific character. In The Bedshop, vertical louvers control the presentation of sunlight into the store. A garden theme flows from the ground floor in bamboo-shaped poles in Ladies Handbags to star shapes formed by negative spaces in the ceiling, and from circular shapes used as “ripples in the pond” to lily pad shapes on the floor and reflected in the ceiling of Cosmetics.Ê
Shinsegae Seoul, Korea
The open and uncrowded department floor layouts create the impression of room settings with freestanding screens giving the sense of a wall and treated as pieces of sculpture. To dramatize the central stair leading from Men’s to the first floor, a pair of sculptures featuring standing riders atop life-size horses extend halfway into a 12-ft.-high, wood-framed ceiling. Suspended artwork comprising strands of tiny acrylic forms provide dramatic lighting, and recessed lighting surrounds the rim and beams down from four concentric circles. Ê
- Architecture SAMWOO Architects & Engineers, Seoul, . Korea
- Design RYA Design Consultancy, Dallas, TX.
- Fixtures Faubion Associates, Dallas, TX.
- Fixtures Salty Design Group, Jongno-Gu, Seoul. Korea
- Retailer Shinsegae Renewal Project, Seoul, . Korea
- Visual Elements Seven Continents, Brooklyn, NY.
- Visual Elements Transit Culture/R.A.A., New York, NY.