- Select a category
- Restaurant/Casual Dining
- Restaurant/Fast Food
- Restaurant/Fine Dining
- Specialty Food Retailer
- Service Retailer
- Pop-up Store
- Hardline Shop Within a Store
- Department Store
- Hardline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store Under 3,000 sf
- Hardline Specialty Store 3,001-7,500 sf
- Hardline Specialty Store 7,501 - 25,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store 3,001 to 7,500 sf
- Softline Specialty Store 7,501 - 25,000 sf
- Specialty Store over 25,000 sf
- Store of the Year
- Individual Element
2012 Design Award Winners
Wall Treatment Award
Starbucks Coffee: Artisan Walls Portland Brewery Blocks, Portland, Ore.
Portland, Oregon‘s cycling community inspired the artwork installation found in this new Starbucks located in the city‘s historic Brewery Blocks of the Pearl District. The wall panel in the 2,700-square-foot space was created using salvaged bike tubes collected from local bike shops. The tubes were stretched across plywood panels, stapled in place, then stenciled and painted with portions of the Starbucks mission statement: “One Person, One Cup, One Neighborhood.”
- Architect of Record Holst Architecture, Portland, OR.
- Artwork Image Mill, Monroe, WA.
- Artwork/In-Store Graphics Rainier Industries, Tukwila, WA.
- Design Starbucks Coffee Company, Seattle, WA.
- Fabric Seattle Curtain, Seattle, WA.
- Furniture/Upholstery Mercury Fab+Cast, Seattle, WA.
- Furniture/Upholstery Mitchell Gold, Taylorsville, NC.
- General Contracting Western Construction, Vancouver, WA.
- In-Store Signage/Exterior Signage Tube Art, Seattle, WA.
- Lighting Gexpro, Renton, WA.
- Mechanical & Electrical Engineer Rensch Engineering, Snohomish, WA.
- Millwork/Casework Consulting Synsor Retail Innovation, Everett, WA.
- Photography Monica Perry, Portland, OR.
- Salvaged Wood GOBY Walnut, Portland, OR.
- Salvaged Wood Windfall lumber, Tumwater, WA.
- Store Fixtures/Fixture Contractor Triad Manufacturing, St. Louis, MO.