- Select a category
- Store of the Year
- Fixture of the Year
- Visual Presentation of the Year
- Restaurant/Casual Dining
- Restaurant/Fast Food
- Restaurant/Fine Dining
- Specialty Food Retailer
- Service Retailer
- Pop-up Store
- Hardline Shop Within a Store
- Department Store
- Hardline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store Under 3,000 sf
- Hardline Specialty Store 3,001-7,500 sf
- Hardline Specialty Store 7,501 - 25,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store 3,001 to 7,500 sf
- Softline Specialty Store 7,501 - 25,000 sf
- Specialty Store over 25,000 sf
- In-Store Communications
- Store Fixtures
- Visual Presentation
- Wall Treatment
2012 Design Award Winners
Hardline Shop Within a Store
Nixon Sun Diego Store, Fashion Valley, San Diego, Calif.
The action sports lifestyle brand opened its San Diego location with the challenges of a limited floor space, large storefront window, and unusually high ceilings. Designers maximized the limited space with a mix of built-in wall displays, highlight areas, and floor fixtures to offer more versatility and merchandising. The store‘s main display case is suspended from the ceiling to utilize the high ceiling space, while the walls incorporate interactive display areas. Fixtures blend raw and refined materials such as hot rolled steel, Venetian plaster, glass, butcher block, ebonized veneer, and high-gloss white. The final result is a depiction of the brand through lifestyle images, interactive content, collection cases, feature displays, and vignettes in a contemporary setting.
- Design/Turnkey Supplier/Photography Displayit Inc, Foothill Ranch, CA.
- Lighting/Lighting Design Monterey Lighting Solutions, Irvine, CA.
- Retailer Sun Diego, San Diego, CA.
- Retailer/Signage/Graphics/Visual Elements Nixon, Encinitas, CA.