- Select a category
- Restaurant/Casual Dining
- Restaurant/Fast Food
- Restaurant/Fine Dining
- Specialty Food Retailer
- Service Retailer
- Pop-up Store
- Hardline Shop Within a Store
- Department Store
- Hardline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store Under 3,000 sf
- Hardline Specialty Store 3,001-7,500 sf
- Hardline Specialty Store 7,501 - 25,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store 3,001 to 7,500 sf
- Softline Specialty Store 7,501 - 25,000 sf
- Specialty Store over 25,000 sf
- Store of the Year
- Individual Element
2012 Design Award Winners
Hardline Specialty Store 3,001-7,500 sf
Victorinox Copley Place, Boston
The Copley Place store speaks to the iconic design at the heart of Victorinox products. Steel fixtures evoke the iconic Swiss Army Knife while natural elements including wood play on the Swiss brand and bring the feeling of Switzerland indoors. Warm accents balance the darker elements as sophisticated interior design details punctuate the contemporary space. A spyglass cashwrap and backwrap features backlit merchandise behind a two-way smoked mirror, while dramatic visual presentations include floating knife displays and an Armourcoat plaster wall watch display. The store logo bas-relief in horizontal stacked oak paneling subtly uses the written word on a tone-on-tone plaster overlay. The Swiss flag in red acrylic incorporates an image of the Swiss Alps as the white cross in in-store communications.
- Architect of Record Design Republic Partners, LLP, New York, NY.
- Architect/Design Blocher Blocher Partners, Stuttgart, . Germany
- Engineering AKF Engineering Group, New York, NY.
- General Contracting Mackenzie Keck Inc., Rockaway, NJ.
- Millwork Oldenburger M?belwerkst?tten GmbH, Dinklage, . Germany
- Project Management Integrity Consulting Group, New York, NY.
- Retailer Victorinox, New York, NY.
- Wall Treatment Croydon Finishing, Montgomery, AL.