- Select a category
- Restaurant/Casual Dining
- Restaurant/Fast Food
- Restaurant/Fine Dining
- Specialty Food Retailer
- Service Retailer
- Pop-up Store
- Hardline Shop Within a Store
- Department Store
- Hardline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store Under 3,000 sf
- Hardline Specialty Store 3,001-7,500 sf
- Hardline Specialty Store 7,501 - 25,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store 3,001 to 7,500 sf
- Softline Specialty Store 7,501 - 25,000 sf
- Specialty Store over 25,000 sf
- Store of the Year
- Individual Element
2012 Design Award Winners
Innovation in Energy
Chevron ExtraMile Beaverton, Ore.
While fossil fuels are often perceived as part of the sustainability problem, this gas station/C-store sets new standards as part of the solution. It uses not one, but several energy features that are rare in retail, particularly among C-stores. A geothermal heating and cooling system provides thermal comfort at negligible operating costs. In addition to reducing cooling needs inside the store, a green roof absorbs water runoff and helps improve water quality in the surrounding area. On the remainder of the roof, solar panels not only provide all of the store‘s energy, but also feed excess energy to the local grid. LED lighting throughout further reduces energy needs. The systems work in harmony to create net-zero energy use.
- Casework/Consulting Chevron ExtraMile, San Ramon, CA.
- Design Eco Roofs Everywhere, Portland, OR.
- Electrical/Lighting Dyna Flow, Portland, OR.
- Electrical/Lighting Mascott Equipment, Portland, OR.
- Electrical/Lighting/Green Power DPI Solar, Portland, OR.
- Exterior Signage Mascott Equipment, Portland, OR.
- General Contracting Meng-Hannan Construction, Portland, OR.
- Green Power Total Energy Concepts, Portland, OR.
- Green Power/Lighting Energy Trust of Oregon, Portland, OR.
- Green Power/Refrigeration Imperial Manufacturing, Portland, OR.
- Refrigeration/Refrigeration Engineering Commercial Refrigeration Inc, Portland, OR.