- Select a category
- Store of the Year
- Fixture of the Year
- Grocery Store
- Food Retailer
- Service Retailer
- Pop-Up Store
- Hardline Shop in a Store
- Softline Shop in a Store
- Department Store
- Hardline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
- Hardline Specialty Store 3,001-25,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store up to 3,000 sf
- Softline Specialty Store 3,001-25,000 sf
- Specialty Store Over 25,000 sf
- Store Fixture Awards
- Visual Presentation
- Special Installation
- Green Awareness
2008 Design Award Winners
sweetgreen Washington, D.C.
Providing “health-conscious, eco-friendly eating for a healthy planet,” this store emphasizes elements of nature throughout the intimate space. Bright, nature-inspired colors evoke fresh and organic, and stainless steel and glass service areas allow the colorful foods to pop. Unfinished hickory wraps around the store from the floors to the walls to the ceiling, visually lengthening the small interior space in a clean design befitting the brand. High-efficiency fluorescent lighting, soy-based inks on printed materials, and recycled paper products continue the green theme.Ê
- Architecture/Design CORE architecture + design, Washington, DC.
- Design Next Step Design, Annapolis, MD.
- Fixtures Mountain Lumber Antique Wood, Ruckersville, VA.
- General Contracting MCN Development, Washington, DC.
- Photography Michael Moran Photography, New York, NY.
- Retailer Greens Restaurant Group, Washington, DC.
- Visual Elements CSI2, Falls Church, VA.
- Visual Elements Unison Agency, Washington, DC.